FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shows & Events (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=458)
-   -   STEEL CITY REPTILE EXPO! September 12, 2009! (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141364)

Shadera 08-08-2009 02:07 PM

You're making it way too easy Mark. -snicker-

porkchop48 08-10-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvite (Post 751573)
LOL--I know--Nuthin else??? That's right, we met on the internets loooong ago!

There will be plenty to make fun of, as will show you my hog and balls very soon!






Many of my corns will still be in the egg, so that will have to wait for the next show.

I called Paul this morning--and guess what?

He and Ben were in Washington PA putting up fliers locally! They were literally canvassing business owners and veterinarians offices to round up some local interest and ask permission to post fliers.

I think it's great that they are working the vendor crowd and the attendee crowd.

It's so much more fun to bust on these guys than to give them props, but it's only fair of me. :thumbsup:

Canvassing in Washington... Good call :-)

My other half works right across from the fair grounds. I had him put up some fliers at work and a couple of the places they frequent after work :-)

I need to check out the website and count up vendors again. No need to get behind with my one job.

Hogs and balls..... :eek::eek:
I think I may be speechless. Might make for some fun pics to post after the show.

densnake1 08-10-2009 10:10 PM

I have my tables reserved, but I would MUCH rather see the ladies in their exotic "undergarmets". Kristy, I'll bring the video camera and make a frog girls gone wild video or reptile girls gone wild. lol I can't wait for the show, I hope its overrun with vendors and customers.

porkchop48 08-12-2009 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by densnake1 (Post 753015)
I have my tables reserved, but I would MUCH rather see the ladies in their exotic "undergarmets". Kristy, I'll bring the video camera and make a frog girls gone wild video or reptile girls gone wild. lol I can't wait for the show, I hope its overrun with vendors and customers.

I am sure that will be a much better video than Dennis getting his ass beat by a girl :yesnod:

I too am very excited about the show. Being kinda close is nice as well.

I wonder who is going to be doing the " undergarmets" check at the door ?

porkchop48 08-12-2009 09:51 AM

40 vendors.

densnake1 08-12-2009 10:37 AM

Kristy, Kristy, Kristy Do you remember the last Pittsburgh show? You came over to bully me around again and I put the snake on your head. You cried like a little girl and ran to your mother. I am bringing the big 35 lb female boa to this show, we'll see how tough you are! I hope both buildings are full. It will be like having a Hamburg show without the 5 hour drive.lol See you there.

mvite 08-12-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by densnake1 (Post 754002)
It will be like having a Hamburg show without the 5 hour drive....


:yesnod:

porkchop48 08-12-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvite (Post 754028)
:yesnod:

That's it a smiley?

Wow you are so slacking.


Dennis I am not sure if I remember that. Well atleast not the way you tell it.
I do recall you making an extremely rude and hurtful comment to me ( and if I had feelings they would have been hurt) and when you did this lovely little snake bit you.

I should have bought him/her right then and there.

mvite 08-12-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkchop48 (Post 754035)
That's it a smiley?

Wow you are so slacking.

I'm happy to see other peeps here in the thread--I don't wanna be a thread hog---it's kinda my style.

I also thought that the Hamburg comment was right on. We all know at least 25 or so vendors that drive from our area to Hamburg.

If they build it, we will come. :thumbsup:

And--I have to meet Dennis! If he can get Brad to wear one of his shirts, he must be a pretty good dude.

Can I have a shirt? They're nice.

mvite 08-12-2009 01:39 PM

Hey Look everybody!!

Jim Randolph is getting ready to post here! He's reading now. Please keep it PG-13, Jim.

I heard he has requested a spot near me. I have spot #1 because I was the first person to pay.

Since I only do 1-2 shows a year--this will be my only time in life to get booth #1, so smoke it biotches.

densnake1 08-12-2009 01:42 PM

LOL, Brad said it was the one on top. I'm sure we have talked somewhere along the line. p.s. don't be seen in public talking to Kristy, she's bad news and a bully. he he he Talk to you later.
Dennis

Randolph's Redtail's 08-12-2009 03:09 PM

Hey Mark , better check with Paul, he told me" Brad" gave him the first check!

mvite 08-12-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randolph's Redtail's (Post 754163)
Hey Mark , better check with Paul, he told me" Brad" gave him the first check!

Brad did give him the first check---right after I handed Wyble the cash!

Brad even complained that I weaseled in before him because he couldn't fill out the application faster than me.

Paul knows not to mess with me. I was almost in a motorcycle gang.

Randolph's Redtail's 08-12-2009 04:23 PM

And what gang was that ,Hell's horny dogs?

porkchop48 08-12-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvite (Post 754196)
Brad did give him the first check---right after I handed Wyble the cash!

Brad even complained that I weaseled in before him because he couldn't fill out the application faster than me.

Paul knows not to mess with me. I was almost in a motorcycle gang.

Almost in a motorcycle gang? Is that like you almost made it to the bathroom in time?


Bully..... not even close.


I want to get there early to snap some shot of people fighting over who gets which table :yesnod: Should be some pretty good beat downs.

Up to 41 vendors now ( i wonder if they update often or if I just can nto count once I get past the fingers and toes)

Is the elusive Paul going to post in the thread anytime soon?

mvite 08-13-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkchop48 (Post 754215)
Almost in a motorcycle gang? Is that like you almost made it to the bathroom in time?

Sorta--only I don't have a motorcycle and I was 10 years old at the time.

The toughest guy was the leader--I think his name was Fonzi. He was a real ladies' man.

There will be no fighting!!

Paul won't post because I give him grammatical grief.

Hill bee feart that ill sea hes spellink nistakes.

Mike Shaffer Reptiles 08-13-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randolph's Redtail's (Post 754202)
And what gang was that ,Hell's horny dogs?

Lmao! No comeback Mark?

mvite 08-13-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Shaffer Reptiles (Post 754638)
Lmao! No comeback Mark?

I didn't see that post above Kristy's.

All I can say is "Woof".

mvite 08-16-2009 11:52 AM

Well folks---Paul and Ben received permission to place a banner advertising the show on the entrance gates to the Fairgrounds---so right now, there is a 4' x 12' banner advertising the September 12, 2009 show. They had that printed JUST for this show.

100,000 peeps will walk through those gates this week attending the Washington County Fair.

That sounds like smart advertising to me!

I can't wait! More updates to come!

Mike Shaffer Reptiles 08-16-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvite (Post 756323)
Well folks---Paul and Ben received permission to place a banner advertising the show on the entrance gates to the Fairgrounds---so right now, there is a 4' x 12' banner advertising the September 12, 2009 show. They had that printed JUST for this show.

100,000 peeps will walk through those gates this week attending the Washington County Fair.

That sounds like smart advertising to me!

I can't wait! More updates to come!

It sure is smart! It the way Ben was talking, there are more up in heavily populated areas as well! These guys deserve a huge show of support for the hard work they have devoted to this show! Thanks guys!

garweft 08-16-2009 02:11 PM

I'm pretty excited. A nice big show within an hour or so of me sounds like a great thing.

A sixth superbowl, a third Stanley cup, and another great reptile show..... I love Pittsburgh.

Shadera 08-16-2009 02:20 PM

Hey Mark. That offer I spoke of, homemade cookies and Viagra samples - that goes for any of the vendors they're trying to entice in. :thumbsup: Give the boys my number and I'll hook them up. :rofl:

I think it's awesome the amount of effort that's being put into making this not only a more convenient show as far as location, but wow the vendor list (and the potential vendor list) is beyond anything I ever dreamed would make it to this part of the country. These guys deserve a giant pat on the back. I hope attendance is off the charts.

Randolph's Redtail's 08-16-2009 10:49 PM

Well here's a little suprise Paul just told me about, EVERY patron that pays an entrance fee at the door will be given a card for a raffle at the show, and some lucky boy or girl is going to win an albino ball python! Hows that sound to everyone?:D

Mike Shaffer Reptiles 08-16-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randolph's Redtail's (Post 756706)
Well here's a little suprise Paul just told me about, EVERY patron that pays an entrance fee at the door will be given a card for a raffle at the show, and some lucky boy or girl is going to win an albino ball python! Hows that sound to everyone?:D

Wow! I didn't here that! That's pretty cool if you ask me!

Randolph's Redtail's 08-16-2009 11:09 PM

I just got the ok to tell anyone,it's on the banner's he's been out hanging, a 500.00 ball for 6bucks these guy's are awsome!
I hope this will get people to show up by the bus load!

wyblep 08-16-2009 11:56 PM

That is correct folks. We will in fact be raffling off an albino ball python at the show. Just another one of our many advertising techniques. We are getting pretty excited about the show as is it is approaching upon us fairly quickly. Still a lot more work to be done but I think we are definitely up for the challenge. We look forward to seeing everyone at the show.
Sincerely
Paul Wyble
Ben Corcetti
Steel City Reptile Expo Ltd.

porkchop48 08-17-2009 07:25 AM

42 vendors

Holy heck Paul posted :-)

Awesome about the raffle. This show is going to kick ass. I have been stocking up on goodies for the show. ( not viagra and cookies but hey i am trying )

h3llc4t 08-17-2009 12:23 PM

Well, now that we know Mark will be there in a man-kini, how could we pass it up? Seriously thinking about making the drive from Columbus at this point...Mark, will those Blizz babies be out of their eggs by then?

mvite 08-18-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h3llc4t (Post 756906)
Well, now that we know Mark will be there in a man-kini, how could we pass it up? Seriously thinking about making the drive from Columbus at this point...Mark, will those Blizz babies be out of their eggs by then?

Boom chicka wawa!!

I just found out that it is possible for one to make oneself sick just by thinking of oneself in a mankini or whatever we've been calling them!

Blizz babies are out! And so are the Plasmas!

I struck out on a Lavender het Bloodred for you & hubby tho.... I got mostly Plasmas and bloodreds!

mvite 08-18-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkchop48 (Post 756842)

Holy heck Paul posted :-)


In fact he did.

But then he probably had to buy a $25 membership to fix his spelling. :D

mvite 08-22-2009 11:36 AM

Hey Paul--Any pics of that male albino?

Is it one of those nice ones that you hatched from the spider het pied x het pied breeding? They are reaaaaalllly white. I hope I win.

Randolph's Redtail's 08-22-2009 11:46 AM

Sorry Mark no vendors unless Paul has changed his mind.

porkchop48 08-22-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randolph's Redtail's (Post 759651)
Sorry Mark no vendors unless Paul has changed his mind.

That sucks. Not that I have anyclue what i would do with it.

Told a couple people about the raffle and they said that in itself is worth going for.


Is there going to be a raffle at every show? Is there more than one raffle?

Just asking so I can see if I can donate anything for this show or the next.

Shadera 08-22-2009 11:57 AM

So each entry is a raffle ticket? Hmm, where can I borrow some well-behaved children?
-thinks-

Randolph's Redtail's 08-22-2009 12:03 PM

Not sure about other raffles , but how can you say that sucks!Your already getting a free table, and now you want to win prizes too.

Mike Shaffer Reptiles 08-22-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs (Post 759654)
So each entry is a raffle ticket? Hmm, where can I borrow some well-behaved children?
-thinks-

Had you covered until you said well behaved, haha!

porkchop48 08-23-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randolph's Redtail's (Post 759659)
Not sure about other raffles , but how can you say that sucks!Your already getting a free table, and now you want to win prizes too.

It just sucks for me. I meant no harm/ bad by it.

I am just happy as hell about that show :yesnod:

PLease dont beat me.... Please

mvite 08-23-2009 01:02 PM

LOL--

The last thing I need right now is another BP!!!

Plus I was jokin'--- Paul just produced a couple Spider Pieds that are COMPLETELY WHITE. He was calling it a "White Widow" until he saw that someone else produced one also.

Maybe he will post some pics of the all white spieds for us????

Jim--You won my raffle---but you only get to gently hold/cup my serpent. You can't keep it.

Randolph's Redtail's 08-24-2009 06:24 PM

Mark your a weinner in my book . And Kristy, I don't hit girls or anyone for that matter!
Why do you guys think i'm a big meannie?

porkchop48 08-24-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randolph's Redtail's (Post 760779)
Mark your a weinner in my book . And Kristy, I don't hit girls or anyone for that matter!
Why do you guys think i'm a big meannie?


I personally think you are a big softie :thumbsup:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Page generated in 0.07347608 seconds with 9 queries

Content copyrighted 2002-2022, FaunaClassifieds, LLC