FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   SOUND OFF!!! (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=466)
-   -   Use your mind !!!!!! (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80461)

nicolai 05-17-2006 07:29 PM

Use your mind !!!!!!

During a recent police investigation, Chief Inspector Stone was interviewing five local villains to try and identify who stole Mrs Archer's cake from the mid-summers fayre. Below is a summary of their statements:

Arnold: it wasn't Edward
it was Brian

Brian: it wasn't Charlie
it wasn't Edward

Charlie: it was Edward
it wasn't Arnold

Derek: it was Charlie
it was Brian

Edward: it was Derek
it wasn't Arnold

It was well known that each suspect told exactly one lie. Can you determine who stole the cake?

BamaGecko 05-17-2006 07:34 PM

It was Derek!

nicolai 05-17-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaGecko
It was Derek!

sorry!!!!!!!!!!!! nope !!!!!!!!!!

Arnold: it wasn't Edward
it was Brian

Brian: it wasn't Charlie (both of brians answers would be lies if it was derek)
it wasn't Edward

Charlie: it was Edward
it wasn't Arnold

Derek: it was Charlie
it was Brian

Edward: it was Derek
it wasn't Arnold

gothra 05-17-2006 08:53 PM

Charlie!!

nicolai 05-17-2006 09:17 PM

Bonnie Lo is the winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nicolai 05-17-2006 09:20 PM

You will really impress me if you get this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Santa always leaves plans for his elves to determine the order in which the reindeer will pull his sleigh. This year, for the European leg of his journey, his elves are working to the following schedule, that will form a single line of nine reindeer:

Comet behind Rudolph, Prancer and Cupid. Blitzen behind Cupid and in front of Donder, Vixen and Dancer. Cupid in front of Comet, Blitzen and Vixen. Donder behind Vixen, Dasher and Prancer. Rudolph behind Prancer and in front of Donder, Dancer and Dasher. Vixen in front of Dancer and Comet. Dancer behind Donder, Rudolph and Blitzen. Prancer in front of Cupid, Donder and Blitzen. Dasher behind Prancer and in front of Vixen, Dancer and Blitzen. Donder behind Comet and Cupid. Cupid in front of Rudolph and Dancer. Vixen behind Rudolph, Prancer and Dasher.

Can you help the elves work out the order of the reindeer?

Junkyard 05-18-2006 12:01 AM

I think this is it. I kept getting Prancer mixed up with Dancer(sometimes I wish my I was never forced to learn to rhyme). That is very difficult puzzle there. Throwing all those names around like that.

Front of the line

1)Prancer
2)Cupid
3)Rudolph
4)Dasher
5)Blitzen
6)Vixen
7)Comet
8)Donder
9)Dancer

Back of the line

nicolai 05-18-2006 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkyard
I think this is it. I kept getting Prancer mixed up with Dancer(sometimes I wish my I was never forced to learn to rhyme). That is very difficult puzzle there. Throwing all those names around like that.

Front of the line

1)Prancer
2)Cupid
3)Rudolph
4)Dasher
5)Blitzen
6)Vixen
7)Comet
8)Donder
9)Dancer

Back of the line

allright, Who helped you solve that puzzle?????????????

Junkyard 05-18-2006 09:00 AM

If you like when I get home tonight from work tonight I can copy my paperwork scribblings. It took me well over an hour to get it.

nicolai 05-18-2006 10:19 AM

95% of people can not figure that puzzle out!!!!!! you are in the top 5%