FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Almost over Covid (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776821)

JColt 12-23-2021 09:48 AM

Almost over Covid

Well the nightmare is almost done. Last week I had no energy and needed frequent breaks at work. I went into work last Friday and lasted 2 hours and went home. Tested positive for covid.

They think I have the newest form called Omicron. The worst of it was a severe sore throat that ran into ears. I spent 2.5 days barely able to sleep and when I did I dreamt of having sore throat. I found Aleve to work best. Once sore throat tamed down I slept 12 plus hours a day and took naps.

This morning I feel almost human. Tomorrow I go for re test. They said 2 to 5 days to get results back then I should be able to go back to work.

I had the first 2 shots done in summer but had not had the booster. There are 6 other people out at my work. One young guy in late 20's who I hear is pretty ill. Wife has it also but very minor. Daughter and grandson have it also. Felt bad for grandson, He started his first day of his first job and had to come home 4 hours into first shift.

Just be wife and I cruising the internet for Christmas. Kind of relaxing though I suppose for a change. Last few holiday seasons were a bit of a hassle.

Socratic Monologue 12-23-2021 04:04 PM

Glad you're doing alright. :)

Lucky you had a couple shots in you -- could've been much worse. I just talked to our neighbors, who have a friend that is in hospital getting antibodies, and couldn't really breathe. Scary stuff.

JColt 12-23-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue (Post 2285634)
Glad you're doing alright. :)

Lucky you had a couple shots in you -- could've been much worse. I just talked to our neighbors, who have a friend that is in hospital getting antibodies, and couldn't really breathe. Scary stuff.

Thanks John. Yes the breathing part can be very scary. Luckily this time the chest part was relatively minor. I've heard as it mutates it is easier to catch but the symptoms become less. I will say that is the worst sore throat and ear pain I have had since I contacted mono back in the 70's.

WebSlave 12-24-2021 01:11 AM

Glad to hear you are pulling out of it OK. Especially with that fairly recent surgery you went through.

Honestly though, I thought this would be a different topic. When I read the topic line, I was thinking to myself, "Yeah, I am about over this COVID crap myself!" :o

WebSlave 12-24-2021 04:39 PM

I've been thinking about this. Has anyone had an old fashion plain vanilla cold or flu in the past two years?

Lucille 12-24-2021 08:21 PM

Joe I'm sorry you had go through all those days of misery. I'm hoping that that it is all behind you and that no lingering symptoms remain. I'm hoping your Christmas tomorrow is quiet and peaceful and that you can rest and be comfortable.

JColt 12-25-2021 04:44 PM

Yes nice and quiet. Just wife and critters and me quarantined.

This evening 1 or 2 episodes of The Left Overs. An HBO Max series. The writing style is kind of out there so I am on the fence if I like it or not. On episode 6 so guess not too bad.

I had a summer cold this year around August. Remember I was having a hard time cutting grass with it.

Rainy blah day but got up near 60 here and 46 now. Not bad Cleveland Christmas weather. Hope everyone doing well!

JColt 12-28-2021 03:29 PM

Second day back at work. I'm glad it is a short week. I am exhausted. Hopefully back to 100% next week.

bcr229 12-28-2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 2285701)
I've been thinking about this. Has anyone had an old fashion plain vanilla cold or flu in the past two years?

I have not but I know some folks at work who have.

Apparently the measures taken to help stop COVID from spreading are really effective at stopping the common cold and the flu.

Lucille 12-29-2021 08:15 AM

Apparently I was exposed at Christmas, and started having symptoms two days ago, so this is the second time I have actually had Covid. I too think that this time it was Omicron.