FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   You Guys Like Red? (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515067)

C.Cannon 01-04-2015 10:10 AM

You Guys Like Red?

3 Attachment(s)
Just thought I'd post a few pictures of my collection of Morelia Bredli. These guys don't get anywhere near the appreciation in the hobby that they should and I think that is because not many know about them.

I work with three or four bloodlines including the very rare hypo line. Very few true hypos exist in the US with most of them being mislabels so the seller can make a quick buck. If the snake does not have two hypo looking parents with no black bands then the babies probably won't be fully expressed hypos.

First two pictures are of my hatchling hypos the last one is of the mother owned by Nick Mutton.

C.Cannon 01-04-2015 10:18 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Second page is of my two older females produced by Trace Hardin. Lineage is unknown but they are absolutely amazing normals so Ill keep them around.

First pictures are of my 2011 female next to a duller male I used to own and the last picture is of a 2014 hatchling from the same parents

C.Cannon 01-04-2015 10:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
And finally my male 2004 Doug Price line aberrant male and 2014 Henric Afors line male.

The male is a now rare aberrant/spotted bredli with no real banding or striping anywhere on his body (please note he is not a Casey Lasik line stripe this boy is from a different bloodline). This is a polygenetic trait that comes from a set of now retired normal parents. There used to be a few of these but most of them have either died, gone missing or never been bred. I hope to breed him this year.

And finally my Henric Afors line male. This is an absolutely stunning line coming out of Sweden. He is very red and could be labeled as hypo by someone who had never seen the real hypos. Unfortunately I don't have any good pictures of him yet.

First two pictures are of the aberrant male last one is of my Afors next to my female from trace Hardin

fishnfool73 01-11-2015 03:39 AM

Very nice

Robert Walker 01-15-2015 01:03 AM

Agreed, very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Reptile Frenzy 01-19-2015 11:16 AM

Love them!

Helenthereef 01-20-2015 08:33 PM

beauties!

C.Cannon 02-07-2015 08:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Took a few post feeding pictures last night of the hypos and finally took a few pics of the Afors line male

AlbertB2016 07-17-2015 09:26 PM

Love the reds-breeding question?

Casey-

You're my new Bredli's hero! Love the hypos and reds! I have a Nick Mutton 1.1
2008 pr that I am finally getting around to thinking about breeding. I am working on bulking them up to hopefully breed next season. What's a good weight and when should I start cooling and getting them together? Thanks in advance!

-Albert

C.Cannon 07-17-2015 09:46 PM

Thanks for the kind words Albert

I'm still really a newbie at this myself but I can parrot you some information.

With bredli age is much more important than weight and size. Although males breed much better on the skinny side (2.5-3lbs). Bredls just don't breed until they are 4 ish so you shouldn't have an issue.

The most important part is temperature drops to stimulate them. Bredli are the hardiest species of python in the world and really won't be affected by most species "cool downs" you need to drop them to the low to mid 60's at night ( between mid December into early February) with a warm up during the day. After that just bring them back up, see if they want to eat and put them together to see if they are interested

I know people that routinely drop them to the upper 50's at night and have heard of them going into the high 20's with no problems in the wild. They don't those that low though.

The males are also pretty keen on combating