FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Paid forum sponsorship and bumps (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467802)

Cindy0810 04-14-2014 05:42 PM

Paid forum sponsorship and bumps

Hi! I am new to Fauna, and I paid for a forum sponsorship. However, I am still not allowed to bump and highlight my classifieds. I read that with contributor sponsorship you get bumps, but I see nothing that states that you get bumps included with a paid sponsorship. Should that not be part of the sponsorship?

Thank you,
Cindy

Cindy0810 04-14-2014 06:39 PM

Upon learning more, I realize that sponsorship will bump me up to the paid sponsor list. Does it just take time for that to happen? Sorry for the dumb questions, just new and wanting to support the avenues that will grow my business!

WebSlave 04-14-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy0810 (Post 1703803)
Hi! I am new to Fauna, and I paid for a forum sponsorship. However, I am still not allowed to bump and highlight my classifieds. I read that with contributor sponsorship you get bumps, but I see nothing that states that you get bumps included with a paid sponsorship. Should that not be part of the sponsorship?

Thank you,
Cindy

Sorry, but these are two entirely different things. Forum sponsorships are considered to be purely an advertising avenue for members to use to highlight their business in the forum of their choice with a direct link to their website. Paid memberships, on the other hand, enable perks as a benefit of donating financially to this site in any one of the several membership options that are offered. Paid memberships actually came here first, and then the forum sponsorships were offered later on as a DIFFERENT avenue for members to use in their advertising campaign. So they are handled separately and independently from each other.

Then there are the banner ads and such that are offered through my FaunaAds.com website, that is an entirely different kettle of fish. Sorry, there was no grand plan put in place in the beginning, which is why they are all independent and separately managed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy0810 (Post 1703816)
Upon learning more, I realize that sponsorship will bump me up to the paid sponsor list. Does it just take time for that to happen? Sorry for the dumb questions, just new and wanting to support the avenues that will grow my business!

Not sure what you mean about "bumping you up the paid sponsor list". Some forums have all sponsorship slots filled, and there is no waiting list being maintained for them. Those forums that do have slots available are filled on a first come, first serve basis until the max allotment has been reached. The only time a sponsor moves up the list is when someone above them drops out of their sponsorship.

Yes, the sponsorships are handled manually, so when I see the email notice come in indicating payment for a sponsorship, I send a reply containing the information I need in order to set up the sponsorship desired. I did this in your case just a few minutes ago, so you should have received the email by now. Unfortunately with spam blocking from some ISPs, not all emails are as reliable as they used to be, and unfortunately there is just no way for me to KNOW whether anyone gets such a reply or not. So anyone paying for a sponsorship who does not get such a reply needs to follow up if more than a few days elapse without contact from me.

Hope this all explains things a little bit better.

Cindy0810 04-14-2014 08:21 PM

Thank you very much. That clears it all up! By "bumped up", I just meant going from the general classified to the forum sponsor list. I will check for the email about the sponsorship now. I appreciate such a quick response! :)