• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Search results

  1. Lucille

    Faraday cages, cars, what, one more thing to worry about?

    https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/16/style/keeping-your-car-safe-from-electronic-thieves.html
  2. Lucille

    Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year

    There is, apparently, an ancient curse that says 'May you live in interesting times'. There is no doubt that for many reasons, these are interesting times indeed, for many. But no matter when or where you live, traditional holiday happiness transcends those interesting times and focusses...
  3. Lucille

    Snow in Houston!

    I went outside and there is around 1 1/2 inches of snow on the ground and my car has snow all over it! I have not seen this much snow in years! (Sure am glad I don't have to drive in it).
  4. Lucille

    Snakes in Thailand

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/28/world/asia/bangkok-snakes.html?emc=edit_th_20171129&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=57474085
  5. Lucille

    Turkey shoot

    Shot my first turkey yesterday and scared the hell outta everyone in the frozen food section.
  6. Lucille

    Publix Grocery Stores

    I ran across this today and thought it was kind of neat. The Publix Grocery stores have a free medication program. It is only a handful of medications, and not any real expensive ones, but still, free is free...
  7. Lucille

    Parrot ads

    In my opinion 99% of the parrot ads one sees on sites devoted to other kinds of animals are bogus and scams. Closer to 100% if the sellers are selling eggs. There have been real parrot/bird ads here from time to time, usually with the owner describing particulars about his/her bird and saying...
  8. Lucille

    Business article

    https://starcite.smarteventscloud.com/ui/18/182932/EbookLitigationCommv6.pdf?mc_cid=4bd9b3ceca&mc_eid=7d67a4f01b This is a REALLY good article about information and its control and effect. I think almost everyone who reads the BOI already has, at least informally, a sense of how the various...
  9. Lucille

    Harmless candy

    I ordered some candy from See's including some peanut brittle in Halloween packaging for my grand baby. It arrived today in a foam lined box with ice packs, just like reptiles are packed. :)
  10. Lucille

    Not for your everyday conversations, but pretty funny nevertheless

    http://www.literarygenius.info/a1-shakespearean-insults-generator.htm
  11. Lucille

    Dog TV

    On my Xfinity page an ad for Dog TV, a channel meant to entertain your dog while you are away, one can subscribe for $4.99 month. So far, I have not seen Cat TV or Snake TV or Hamster TV...
  12. Lucille

    Karma

    I went to leave positive karma for someone and could not, the area was yellowed out and I could not click on it.
  13. Lucille

    Hurricane Harvey

    I was just fixing to move away from the coast to a more inland Texas location, thought I would never have to deal with another hurricane. I hate them, so much work, so much worry. It appears that there will be serious flooding in my area. Here it is August in Texas and I will likely lose...
  14. Lucille

    Happy Birthday Rich (Webslave)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a terrific day!!!!! :?party::?party::?party:
  15. Lucille

    Gator squad called for lizard

    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/animal-control-removes-lizard-thought-to-be-gator-11231428.php?ipid=hpctp
  16. Lucille

    Happy Easter!!!

    I hope everyone has a wonderful day today and whether or not you celebrate Easter as a religious holiday, I hope you enjoyed the company of family and friends. And ate Easter chocolate. :) The boys and my grand baby visited earlier, it was a wonderful visit. So that I could spend more time...
  17. Lucille

    What's the scam?

    *removed*
  18. Lucille

    Happy Birthday Lynn Peterson, Big Time Reptiles

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :?party::?party::?party:
  19. Lucille

    Happy Birthday John Cordone The FragginDragon

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :?party::?party::?party:
  20. Lucille

    New moth

    Newly named moth with yellowish white head scales Neopalpa donaldtrumpi
Back
Top