FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Reptiles Express, snake shipping suspended
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #56
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Actually, there ARE some big name companies in this business shipping snakes with the blessing of UPS. UPS is accepting their business, in my opinion, solely based on the volume of business ($$) they get from them, and absolutely nothing else. It doesn't have a damned thing to do with "screening" at all, except in the case of $$ changing hands.

It's blatant discrimination against smaller companies, in my opinion, and provides an unfair competitive advantage to those larger sellers at the expense of smaller scale sellers. Quite frankly, I believe that UPS just needs to have a sizeable class action suit slapped across their face for their practices in this regard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyNuts View Post
So you're wanting to prove that UPS discriminates against smaller sellers by not letting them ship their products? There are PLENTY of small time shippers that do business with UPS. They just don't try to ship snakes.
This is the point that Rich is trying to make. UPS's official policy is no snakes but if you move enough volume we will approve you to use our services. UPS doesn't just look the other way to them shipping snakes against their official policy they endorse it. A small time breeder has no chance of getting endorsement with UPS because they do not provide enough money for UPS to give it. Like it or not from a legal stand point if a group of small reptile breeders formed a class action lawsuit they would stand a good chance of winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyNuts View Post
I just felt like I had a bit of inside insight that no one else has and with it it's easy for me to see why UPS doesn't want to deal with snakes. Maybe my presentation was wrong, I don't know.
I for one have enjoyed this insight. It puts a different light on UPS's apprehension to accept snakes. I have seen UPS's Louisville hub and I can't imagine having to shut it down for a minute during peak overnight hours.