FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - "Diluting" BOI threads?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 09:59 PM   #37
ThomasHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Let me give you only an example of why it is relevant and address some of your positions in your first, second, and forth posts on this thread.

[color="Navy"]
I might point out that it goes to your main point. Your claim that so much of the activity in threads is somewhat useless and serves no purpose. What was countered to those points you made was that information, if allowed, produces results and is not necessarily a inferior format as you put it.

You see not all threads on the BOI appear as they seem as the original poster lays the story out. If you allow people to continue and ask questions more things become apparent.

Let's take this very thread for instance. Your initial post was a simple inquiry. Nothing wrong with that. Similar questions have been asked over the years and have been answered many times. The answers do get short and to the point when the same questions are asked over years but they do get answered.

Your next post was not to just accept the answer but to point out that other forums are better. To give examples of better sites and to tell the members of this site that a very important thread could have simply existed by the very first post. Instead of going into details on this one point, Many important facts were not disclosed until hundreds of posts into that thread.
It boggles my mind that someone could state that thread could stand on post 1. But back on my point..
No, that's not the point I was making, I made my point quite clearly, having reiterating what I considered unnecessary banter multiple times now. I never claimed one post was ample for any thread.

Quote:
So my question to myself (knowing a few other facts), as someone who is looking after the interests of this site is, Was your first post merely a helpful suggestion or something more. Considering your statements didn't end with a suggestion but preceded to tell the members of this site that the format here sucks, that other sites are better, you use them instead of this one, etc.. It seems somewhat mischievous than a helpful suggestion.
I was just disagreeing with the reasoning they gave me, but I have made it obvious that I wanted this thread wrapped up and that it's served it's purpose. But some are directly asking me questions and I feel some are misinterpreting my original point. So I answer them and explain my reasoning, as I'm doing now and have done for since Rich posted his second response.

Quote:

To lend further credence to my thoughts, knowing that you recently came off suspension here and

(I'll take that answer as a yes), the kind of disturbances you have caused on other sites just continues to add to those probing types of questions.

[color="Navy"]
So my next question would be have you also been banned from redtailboa net?
If yes, it seems you have a pattern of being disruptive to sites. Which continues my thinking if your purpose here is to be helpful or simply disrupt this site.
Sometimes I over think things. Now, maybe your first post was just a helpful inquiry. But see this is how information is gained in those BOI threads and why those posts that lead to long threads are helpful and gain perspective of what is truly transpiring in a topic.
Actually no, I was never banned on RTB.net, one of the admins didn't agree with things I said so he unofficially suspended me or as he called it "the miserable member's club", I called him, he said he'd let me back on his site, never did. So I was never actually banned, just unofficially suspended and then neglected/stopped pursuing re-entry there, however my friend who I was "put in the club with" was later allowed back on. And I'm the one asking probing questions...? Dude are you e-stalking me? J/K...

Quote:
It could be that you think telling the owner of this site that other sites are better than his and you use them instead is constructive statement. Linking members to alternatives,etc. was just a innocent example.
I never claimed other sites "were better than his," just that I believed others had more efficient review formats.

Quote:
Of course, I wouldn't get that answer if the fluff wasn't able to run its course and people weren't allowed or we decide what was diluting the thread.
But you still never will IMO, you'll just get your perception of it based on your observations of the participation, claims and persistence of the party[/ies].

Quote:
How do you like my example?
Don't mean to be a smart but you're not an unrelated party, you're affiliated with the site. Lol... But yes, your statements are fair enough.

TBH