FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Reptile Basics SIM incubation box
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #17
Gregg Madden
Stephanie, You are right I am sorry... Still not sure how you can form an opinion on our product or compare it to other methods when you have never used it... Our own findings and reports from our users seem to say the exact opposite of what you say...
I am also unsure how you come to the conclusion that this container is only good for small scale breeders... There are many large scale breeders using the container and some of them converted completely to using the S.I.M...
I would like to know where you are getting the info you need to come up with these assumptions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinNMpythons View Post
So how do you do the substrateless method with these? I'm still a little confused. You just put water in the bottom and put the eggs on the rails?
Hi Dustin,
The substrateless part has to do with the fact that the eggs are not sitting in a substrate... They sit on top of a plastic grid and are held in place by adjustable triangular rods that keep the eggs from rolling... You need to use something bellow to maintain the humidity level in the container... You can use wet perlite, vermiculite, hatch rite, super hatch, water crystals, and straight water...
My personal favorite is cellulose sponge material... This has worked great and many people are using it as a medium... Just soak the sponge, ring it out, and you have the perfect amount of water in your container...

Again, this container take out many variables and has improved hatch rates and health in hatchlings in many cases...

Here are just a few of the hundreds of photos of the S.I.M. container in action....

Ackies

Varanus Tristis

Hognose snakes using the cellolose substrate...

Chuckwalla