FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Sudden agression in two JCP yearlings?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnerSince2010 View Post
Hello, I’ve had my two jungle carpet pythons for about a month, they were hatched in June of 2010. Was a little worried at first, heard that young JCP’s can be very nippy until about 3 years. They were the two sweetest snakes I owned, until today. I would always handle them (daily for ~ 15 minutes a piece, sometimes twice a day) and they always just tried to explore or sometimes just chilled on my hand, both ofcorse went for my glasses, but neither showed any signs of aggression, no hissing, no striking, nothing.

Both of them just shed about two weeks ago, both healthy sheds and the eye caps did come off. I feed them in a separate feeding cage. Here recently I’ve been having to give them shots for antibiotics, when I got them they had mites and my vet said to give them the shots to prevent any infection from the mites and some spray stuff to spray them with every 3 days. I last fed them on Saturday.

Walking by the cage today she struck at the cage. Twice. Every time anyone gets near the cage, she goes into striking position and stalks them. The male will go into striking position but haven’t seen him strike.

Are they just having a bad day or is this a sign of an underlying medical issue?
its the shots. they are very stressful for a snake, especially a baby one. if they were calm before the shots, then they might settle down in a week or so.