FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - SHIPPING: What you need to know!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #80
justindh1
Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that you don't have to wait 24-48 hours to call the representative to get the account number to bill the shipment to. You don't even have to call him to get it. Just call fed-ex and get transferred to the live animal department. They will transfer you to the person at the test packaging department with the account number for billing. You may even be able to just get transfered straight to there, thats just the way I did it.

I set up my account yesterday and called about an hour later and they actually told me what I needed to do and gave me the account number for billing with-out asking. At that time they also gave me my representatives number. I called him and gave him a heads up about what I was doing and to get acquainted with him. He had never done something like this but said he would help me anytime if I had trouble. He had a gecko when he was a kid so that's gonna help me out. It will help that he knows me when I get through the packing test and have to work with him and the waiver.

I think that this could possibly cut out a couple days at least if not a week. You don't have to wait a day or 2 to call. Also people won't have to worry bout being able to get a hold of the representative or wait to be contacted back. They don't have to deal with the representative until you actually pass the packaging test and have to get the waiver.

Hope this helps out others in the future.