FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Enough is enough with the classifieds (*or* Why you cannot reply to classified ads)
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #34
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskew View Post
I call horse hockey! Micro moderating at it's finest. If an ad smells like fish and your willing to let an unknowing buyer be taken for a ride and not pull that ad, well sir you're as bad as that seller. But to penalize another member for questioning or "badgering" a seller who is blatantly dishonest or is talking out of their arse is just absurd.
They never said they would allow a bad ad to stay. They are just eliminating the attacks. Much easier to get rid of a bad posting then numerous replies that contain ton's of stuff people were asked not to do.
Just to make something clear that has been expressed in the past, we do not act as judges in such matters. We do not make judgment calls on who is a good or bad buyer, or a good or bad seller. We merely try to provide the tools on this site to help others to make that determination for themselves.

Just because someone is posting ads on this site does not mean that we approve of them. Nor does the fact that someone has been banned from posting ads on this site mean that we are claiming that they are bad to deal with. Bannings take place because of someone's ACTIONS here on this site in reference to the rules, not because of their status as a "bad guy".

Us making any such claims that we weed out "bad guys" would then put us in the unenviable position of then being responsible for every transaction that takes place here. The presumption would be that anyone selling (or buying) on this site has been approved in some manner simple because they ARE here, and therefore can be trusted completely by the OP in any transaction they engage in. Obviously that would be an extremely foolish position for us to place ourselves in. Just as obviously, I have no intention of exposing myself, this site, or the mods, to that sort of liability. YOU are expected to do all the footwork and research necessary to make the determination if your transaction is wise for YOU. YOU are expected to take every precaution you can to protect yourself from being taken for a ride from a bad deal. Quite frankly, that just is not our job, nor responsibility.

I hope that I have made this issue more clear concerning our position.