FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Enough is enough with the classifieds (*or* Why you cannot reply to classified ads)
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 03:23 AM   #38
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahbug7 View Post
I just don't see where I have done any of these things or done anything wrong...?
The fact that you (or any number of other people) haven't done those things doesn't mean that it isn't a widespread problem. Unfortunately, it isn't feasible (I don't know if it is even possible) to go through and disable that option for just the members that are "part of the problem"....and, even if it was, there would still be people arguing that they weren't that much of a problem, lol. Therefore, the available option is to turn off the ability to respond to classified ads for an entire usergroup. As it happens, I believe that the majority of the warnings and infractions for these violations have been given to the Registered Members usergroup (if for no other reason than that group holds the most members).

While this is largely prompted by the disruptive and hostile nature of some posts, it is also a cure for several other rule violations that exist primarily in the classifieds. We know it is an inconvenience to many; but rest assured, this isn't a knee jerk reaction. Rich has put this off for a long time, watching the situation deteriorate, and watching the infraction numbers climb. The reality of it is that the infraction numbers only tell part of the story - I don't know if "Warnings" show up in the compilation; but I KNOW that the many posts we have made in ads to keep things in check are not considered, nor are the scores of PMs we have sent out to people.