FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Milk x King hybirds?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #5
RossCA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTreePython13 View Post
Alright so I know that crossing ssp and localities is a HUGE no no for boas, but how do people view it for Kings and Milks? I've seen different king crosses and milk crosses and king x milk crosses on the classifieds and they seem to be more common than the boa ones because I'm assuming it's less taboo? Anyone have any comments?
First off, there is a very vocal crowd out there against hybrids of any kind. I think the reason why you don't see many crosses with Rosy boas is because you can't really make anything too much out of the ordinary because most are basically striped. Pattern has a lot to do with making a very unique looking hybrid, that's why I think Cal kings are used often in these crosses. There are people out there willing to pay big bucks for these king X milk snake crosses and that's why its done. If there is a market, its going to be filled. There are a lot of people against hybrids, but there's still enough people out there that are all for them and willing to pay for them. That's what keeps the market going. I'm a field herper, so I'm into the locality stuff.