FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Wayne Pacelle is a real piece of work.
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #19
jmugleston
Quote:
Originally Posted by salottimc View Post
I am fully aware of what they want. Check out Virginia house bill 1242. There is no doubt that HSUS, ASPCA and PETA disagree with pet ownership in general. They put up with dogs and cats because A) there are literally over 100,000,000 Americans who own them and B) many of these animals can no longer survive on their own. PETA has a plan to solve this. Forced spay and neutering coupled with banned breeding. This, of course, would equal no pets in a couple decades. All pet owners need to band together against these organizations. I was just illustrating how carefully orchestrated Wayne's rhetoric was. Although he sounded like an idiot to us, he probably made sense to people who know nothing about these animals.
I agree with you wholeheartedly on this one. I even mentioned this in my comments when he started talking about exotic pets but he is also careful never to mention the smaller pets. I think the general public needs to be shown that exotics is everything including the reef tank at your local doctor's office. Not just the big scary cats.