FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Help!!!
Thread: Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
rcarichter
Looks like a three-toed. The holes, I would guess, are from the canine teeth of a predator.
NO miracle grow. I would go with peat. Eco-earth is fine, but it's going to be expensive to buy enough of it to fill a large enclosure. Peat you can get at a hardware store, just make sure it has no fertilizer added. Keep the enclosure humid, like the deep woods.
Three-toeds don't eat leafy veggies. They do like wild strawberries, which are plentiful in the woods. However, their main food is earthworms. You can get those at any pet store or bait shop. Wax worms are basically like french fries. They'll keep an animal alive for a while, but they're nothing but fat. You could also try holding a large cricket up to its mouth. They like live food, but can't easily catch crickets.
If you're going to keep this guy as a pet, it will probably need an outdoor enclosure in the late spring. I don't immediately see that he needs to be rescued, other than from the small tank. Oh yeah, if you buy a plastic bin, go for a colored or opaque one. They don't understand see-through, and it will frustrate them.

Noelle