FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Which Fool Should I Vote For? Bush or Kerry?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004, 01:06 AM   #19
Posaunist
Thank You Zoo,

I was beginning to think I was the only one in here who wasn't camping on the dark side. I agree with everything you said, and I'd like to emphasize a few points you made.

Harbart, I'm sorry to break this to you, but you bleed just like every other animal on this planet. Unfortunately we're no more "special" than the next ape. Unique, yes, but not special. Don't let that big brain of yours cloud your judgment. For some reason, I feel it is safe to assume you're not a fan of the Theory of Evolution and its many supporting spin-offs. Oh, and don't forget the fossils... They're a heart breaker.

I'm confident we'll, meaning the environmentally friendly, none-Bushiacs, will be in control soon. Bush is big oil and there's no way even our fellow right-winger Harbart can deny it.

Harbart, is your marriage threatened by gay couples loving each other and having the government, into which they also pay taxes, recognize that love? If so, I suggest counseling.

Also, don't try to shove the "affirmative action is discrimination" crap in our faces. I don't agree with it either, but I sure the hell can look over that when the Republicans are suppressing important scientific research (stem cell), attempting to put discrimination into the constitution, pulling out of the Kyoto treaty because it might hurt big business, wanting to drill in Alaska's refuge instead of pushing ahead with alternate fuel source research, making big space goals for NASA while refusing to increase funding to support those very goals (I'm a space buff, so don't get me wrong. I love the idea of going to Mars, but you need the funding to do it.), and creating more enemies while going after (a 2nd time) the guy that tried to kill Daddy. Osama bin who?

The amount of troops in Afghanistan is so pitiful, we might as well break the news to the poor bastards..."Well, you know those promises about funding your rebuilding that we made... Ya see, the thing is, we really can't afford it now with this whole Iraq situation. You're just going to have to do it on your own, and those tribes that don't like you...they're growing in strength. Good luck." What happened to the real war on terror? We've only opened up Iraq for the terrorist just as we thought we were closing the door on Afghanistan.

Harbart, I'll leave you to "exist" in your superiority over all us animals. And you're not fooling anyone about the rights issue. Every time there is something to do with extending civil rights to a part of our society, the Republicans, with the religious right at their side, are the opposition, and the Democrats, while sometimes too scared to really stand up strong enough for my tastes, are on the other side.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Ken Harbart
Speaking of intellectually dishonest, that was a patently false statement. With his rather liberal stances on various issues, Bush has alienated the "extreme right.[/quote]

Exactly what issues do you speak of? His allowing of a meager amount of stem cell research to go forward instead of completely outlawing it? His all out support for the marriage amendment of which he spoke of at the Southern Baptist Convention (talk about ignoring the Establishment Clause)? His completely pulling out of the Kyoto treaty for big bussiness (which includes himself, the VP, the Bush family, and many others close to W)?

Bush isn't just in line with the right; he's in bed with it.

Atrocious way in which we act?!? I just love how you make these hard statements without the slightest explanations. Atrocious is the bigotry and ignorance that runs all too common among conservatives. Why do you think the least educated peoples of this country are by far conservative? Look at the South for example, we have some of the worst education systems in the country, and we are very much controlled by conservative republicans. It wasn't until the Democrats became the party that supported civil rights that the South began its move toward the Republican party, so that should tell you something. Where was slavery? Where was the Scopes Monkey trial? In the heart of conservative territory.

It is not that most conservatives are ignorant; it is that most ignorant people are conservative.

Harbart, I just wanted to tell you that you are always welcome back in with us humans. We're going ape to have you back.

Mark
My Astronomy Home