FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - My *fast* growing Hognose collection
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
Rextiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix-cry View Post
Ah! yes, makes a LOT more sense with that particular context! Thanks!
You are very welcome! I'm glad that everything I offered makes more sense now.

Quote:
I am loving the hognose, such curiosity! I open the tub and my albino rises up out of the aspen like a cobra to see what is going on...then hisses at me. Love it.
I know exactly what you mean. I've kept Corns and Kings for 20 years but since I got into Hognose 6 years ago, that's pretty much all I'm interested in now, having a collection of about 130 Hogs. While all breeds of snakes have their own kind of personality, I have found Hognose are a lot more endearing, or at least personable, to me.

Quote:
But I must profess that I am much more skilled with identifiying ball python morphs.
Well, truth be known, there's an intense amount of fervor right now with Hognose as many believe this species to be the next Corn snake or Ball Python market, so with that, many are declaring unproven morphs and overproducing trying to edge their way into the marketplace as the next "big time" breeder. The basic well known and proven Hognose morphs that have been around prior to these last 3 years on are well known and more or less proven, I'm more skeptical of some of these so-called morphs that have arisen within the last 3 years. While there are very interesting traits being exhibited, not a lot is really known nor are some of these breeders being prudent enough to spend the years it can sometimes take to fully comprehend. So be careful and always ask a lot of questions when deciding on something not well documented and if it doesn't sound 100%, then it's probably safe to pass if there's a lot of money involved!

Good luck to you and your snakes!