FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Terms of Sale Anger
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 09:40 AM   #2
dwedeking
1. If you don't like a person's terms, move on. No one is forcing you to buy from them.

2. I didn't quit working for someone else, who dictated the rules and conditions of my daily life for 8 - 14 hours just to hand the reins of that yoke over to a new "boss". I took on the responsibility and stress of building a business from nothing to allow me the freedom to do business as I see fit, to succeed or fail on my parameters.

3. Personally our terms are the bare minimal that we'll do to satisfy the customer. It is a way to protect us from unscrupulous customers (see 4.). We will commonly step above and beyond our terms to make people happy.

4. Your conditions are all fine and dandy when the deal is between two people who are honest. There are bad buyers out there that we need protection from as well. I've had people tell me the animal never arrived when I have their signature from UPS. I've had people tell me we sent the wrong animal, when the number marking has been altered (we never numbered the animals as high as the "new" number was) and the pattern pictures of the animal matched our original photos. Granted these scenarios are less than 1% but still with the margins represented online we have to protect ourselves to remain liquid.

Now that we've had rants on both sides can we get back to keeping herps?