FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Feeling helpless...
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
Durante
Feeling helpless...

I’m about to rip the walls surrounding me down I'm so pissed off. I might be a little extra emotional today because I didn’t sleep a wink last night. You would think I would be running low on fumes right now but that clearly isn’t the case because I’m struggling not to blow my top right now. I’ll explain & hopefully someone will be able to read the mess I’m about to write down to get it off my chest
My now wife, but at the time girlfriend wasn’t supposed to be able to have children. I don’t know the medical terms but she had some kind of cancer thing & after getting it fixed was told it basically wasn’t going to happen. I wasn’t ready for a child but when she found out she was pregnant her mind was set since she probably wouldn’t get another chance. After being helicopter transported to different hospitals when her water broke over 3 months early she was stuck in the hospital until giving birth. I was there everyday after work with her until my son was finally born premature which was expected. As if the kid didn’t have enough setbacks already we named him Chris Durante III.
The men in my family are broad & heavy. Thankfully I’m at least 6 foot tall to spread my 320 pounds around a little. My wife (who is 6 foot) has a family full of tall guys, even her father who is the runt of his brothers stands 6’5. That being the case, I’m not to shocked my son is now bigger then most kids his age & gets mistaken a lot for being older then he is.
He is bigger & stronger then a lot of the kids in his school & even though I know he wouldn’t ever be a bully because he’s to busy trying to be everyone’s best friend, I made it clear I would not allow it to happen either. I plan to teach & raise him right. The last thing I want for him to do is get kicked out of school like I did 3 times or even worst eventually go to jail where his grandpop is & spent much of his life. I’m scared I might of did to good of a job though.
I seen he didn’t like school much a while back & found out it was because there was a kid that was giving him trouble. The kid did dumb things that kids do like trying to wipe a boogie on my son but also took it farther by kicking him every day repeatedly under the table & punching on the locked stall door when my kid was using the bathroom in attempts to show off in front of 2 other boys. I asked my son why the kid messed with him & was told me because he wouldn’t hit the kids back or tell. I asked him why not & he said the kids didn’t hurt him much so he didn’t want to hurt them & was scared to tell the teacher because he thought he would get in trouble.
I let my wife who is more level headed then me notify the teacher & principle. They finally agreed to move my sons seat away from the kid, which lasted only a month before the teacher put them together again. The kid must have been told by his parent to leave my son alone because he doesn’t bother him as much now but this morning I saw something that got under my skin. One of the kids that hang out with the bully seems to be picking up the habit. While all the kids are waiting in line to go in the building chatting I see this kid walk all the way back to the end of the line, step up in my son’s face & tell him he was a weirdo. I was in shock & watch my son look over to me & shrug his shoulders but I had no idea where it came from either since they weren’t even close to each other prior to the incident & this kid isn’t even in his class. Before I could even say anything, the kids mom say “oh Brandon don’t say that, come back to the front”. I don’t think she realized I heard his comment & only even bothered saying anything was because I was close by.
My kid gets along with everyone except this pack of 3 boys that clearly treat others besides him like crap. The teachers, principle, & parents don’t seem to care about the problem or think it’s a big enough issue to deal with it. I decided it is though & when I pick him up from school at 3:00 we are going to a talk on the way home. I’m going to make it perfectly clear he isn’t being a bully if he protects himself when pushed or hit that I expect him to defend himself. I’m also going to let him if his teacher or anyone else has a problem with him defending himself since they aren’t doing it to call me personally. I have a feeling I will be getting a call in the near future & a few little brats are going learn a hard life lesson at a really early age.
I know it may not be the responsible thing to do & 2 wrongs don’t make a right but at this point I think it seems to be the quickest solution. I refuse to let this kid feel threaten any longer so he is either going to have to let them know how it feels so they leave him alone or I’m going to have to bully there parents so they understand oh it feels & teach there damn kids how to act.