FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Illinois state law issues
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #55
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herps Alive! View Post
Steve- The USDA does not permit reptiles, so no worries there. Vet certificates from the state of origin are fine, but double check- you may find most of your reptiles DO NOT need them. When I am scheduled into a new state, I write to the State Division of Wildlife (or equivalent) and ask them what I need. Keep all your e-mails, so if there is a conflict, you are covered. I am/have been licensed in 25 different states over the years. It can be a pain in the butt, but I think making sure we are legal is part of educating.
If you want to drop me an e-mail, use herpsalive@earthlink.net

Keith Gisser
Thanks Keith. I got a call from Scott Ballard from the IL DNR (Thanks Scott) and he filled me in on a bunch of things. I've done small local shows before but I am teaming up with The Science Alliance from Lake Geneva WI and I'm looking to get more of a "professional" show. Everything I have done before was mainly as favors to friends and customers in my store. This will be my first foray into shows where I have a booking agent and a base to work out of. I was forced (strongly persuaded at least) to shut down my store and shortly after I was informed by my landlord this opportunity came up. I guess everything does happen for a reason. I may take you up on the Email thing, I've got a few questions.

Steve