FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Spam in the Classifieds
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
hhmoore
Quote:
I believe there's 25 threads per page and if two people do this with say 10 geckos each that's 20 of the spaces taken up leaving 5 for the day
I don't understand your point. Are you under the impression that only one page of ads total can be posted in a category, per day?

While, on a personal level, I agree with the idea of having some limitations on registered members; I understand Rich's position as it has been stated many times. If a seller feels his needs are better served by posting animals individually rather than as a group, that is his choice. As a seller, I can attest that it is much easier to showcase one animal in an ad than to have to respond to multiple requests for more photos because I chose to post multiple animals in one ad. Some sellers don't even post photos for whatever reason - we aren't going to tell them they have to, but how many people buy without pictures? If people want to accept lost opportunity (because people don't bother asking for pics), and don't mind having to send the same pics to dozens of people, why would the site interfere?
If you don't like somebody's advertising practices, scroll past their ads. There's nothing wrong with initiating a constructive dialog with a seller, either...as long as one can handle the indifference that might be encountered. There is no IDEAL way to advertise that will always be effective and that everybody will be pleased with - some people don't like looking at numerous ads with single animals, others prefer that over trying to figure out which animals are pictured or having to ask for more pictures.
We also aren't going to prevent some people from aggressively marketing their animals because other people don't want to put the same effort into selling theirs.