FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - You KNOW your snakes
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 06:56 AM   #16
R and J
New babies!

Went to the reptile show here in Puyallup, Wa., Oct. 23. AWESOME SHOW!
Found a frog we had really wanted, $16.00, a Pixie frog... Hey, we had really missed having a frog in our life, and we found the perfect one!
While we were looking through the different displays I spotted a black milksnake, juvinile, for $80.00. Well, to make a long story short, (No, Maybe), we get back to the car... I just felt like I had left my own child behind!
I went right back into the show to buy the black milksnake, and found out that the dealer was holding it for someone who had promised to buy it! I told him I had the money RIGHT NOW!... but he took my name and phone # and said if he didn't hear from the guy by closing time, he would call. I was in TEARS walking back to the car,
(Randy thought I'd lost my best friend).
The guy CALLED at 5:10 that night! NO SALE! We were on the road the next day, and I was SOOOOOOOO HAPPY!
The Pixie we named "Bubba" after a very good friend, and our new black milk snake... after a short span being called "Buck Wheat", I renamed him "ACE".
Ace and Bubba now make our home complete. (For now anyway)
Oh, BTW, my Variable king BIT me last weekend, now I have been bit by (almost) all of our boys! (Since ACE is a male, it's only a matter of time!)
Just another weekend... Jan