FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - C. aurita my new CBB Brazilian Horned frog arrived.
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 07:26 PM   #4
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawsofafrog View Post
[My CBB baby Certophrys aurita arrived from Pat Kline Luxurious Leopards from Pennsylvania.
Thanks for posting who you purchased your specimen from.
Quote:
He is currently the only guy offering CBB aurita on fauna.
I would also bet that not many people have CBB C.aurita available at all.

Quote:
This is one of the rarely offered "Pacman" frog subspecies.
That is for sure.

Quote:
This is a frog that is called the Giant Brazilian Horned frog in old books and documentaries. I read females are known to max out at 9 inches when they were described in the wild. Males are known to reach 5-7 inches I recently read.
Wow...that is one impressive Ceratophrys size wise, that is for sure.

Quote:
The second largest frog known is the Pyxiecephlus Adspersus, (African Bullfrog), so these definitely compete with that frog.
That is for sure.

Quote:
I am keeping this baby in a large 24 inch long tub with coco fiber and a bamboo hide. Not to mention a shallow dish of water and a digital thermometer/hygometer. I will see how this baby grows up with Calcium supplement and multivitamin food.
Your set up sounds good, in my humble opinion. I can't wait to see more picture's of your specimen as he/she grows up. That was a fantastic photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDnNnD View Post
That's a nice Aurita, Pat sure does have some nice frogs (I have a couple from him). Good luck with yours and make sure to post some pics as he gets older, I would love to see his size.
I would also love to see pictures of of your Ceratophryidae.