FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bite Club
Thread: Bite Club
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 03:53 AM   #68
Otter_23
I have been bitten by lots of wild garter snakes and a baby sand boa. At least the baby sand boa I think was trying to bite me. The worst was when I was jumping off a tire swing into a pond as a kid. I climbed out of the pond when my older brother informed me my foot was bleeding. I looked down and all I saw was blood all over. After many stitches on the top of my foot and side of my foot the doctor speculated it was from a snapping turtle. This is because on the top of my foot the cut was like a candy cane shape (or beak looking) and a straight cut on the inside of my foot. He didn't see how glass or a stick could have done that. I don't remember feeling it when it happened I think the nerves were cut right away. So anyway I think in the muddy water the turtle thought it was a fish and took a bite of half my foot then realized it was bigger than it thought and let go. Since it healed I have a lump on the top of my foot which is usefull for kicking footballs barefooted as long as i don't hit it just right, then it just stings bad. Other than that I've been pretty lucky.