FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Why you should avoid Super Lube, Quicky Lube, etc.
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 11:32 AM   #8
sschind
Why do I get the idea "lefty loosey" was not the only thing they would have heard.

I know exactly what you went through Rich. I had the same problem a long time ago once and the screwdriver method only served to rip the casing up completely. I ended up welding a piece of rebar bent into an elongated u shape onto a piece of flat iron so I could put the prongs of the rebar into the holes in the plate (sort of a home made version of a Bogert Aviation 10-M Talon I guess) Then to get enough upward pressure on my new invention I had to place a floor jack under it and jack it up into the holes. Sucker popped right off after that.

My regular oil change place closed down about a year ago and I took my van back to one of the quick change places I had used before I had this vehicle. They wouldn't even change it because apparently my van has an aluminum oil pan and its too easy to strip the threads because they use an impact wrench to take off the filler plug and put them back on. Never heard of that before.

After trying four places I finally found a guy I can trust