FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Help with bringing room temps up
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 12:42 AM   #1
bigdee
Help with bringing room temps up

My snakes are in the basement this is 2 rooms which was built partly as a favor for cheap. It has been really cold here in jersey last few days and so has it in the rooms, I then took some plastic and taked around the window which had a bad draft because of old wood fram. I switch the thermometer on inside and it was reading 58-61 and this is with an oil filled radiator heator on high. I should be getting my new jungle habitats cage 2morrow, now the wood cage is heated with a buld hot side was only upper 70's low 80's I then had to put a human heat pad in. Something I notice when they made the room is that they didnt put too much effort into insulation, the insulation seem small it didnt full the entire gap between each beam and some spots I dont think they put any. I tried to use another oil filled heater but it triped the breaker and knock the power out. Is there anything I can do to get the temps up? are there any heaters that may be better then the oil filled? Should I try to carefully take the sheet rock walls down find good insulation and put the walls back up? any ideas you have that you may have done would be apreciated.