FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Piebald Hognose
Thread: Piebald Hognose
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 12:47 AM   #22
napavalleysnakes
I'll try to clear up the issue of whether the animal actually exists by contacting the owner and asking his permission to name him. spam_ He is a real stand-up guy, and fairly well known despite not advertising his animals on Kingsnake or Fauna Classifieds. spam_Hopefully other herpers can understand how someone could possibly want to remain nameless in this industry with some of the strange things currently going on. spam_I will also try to get him to send me a recent photo of the animal. spam_Now the funny thing is, that in an age of wonderful photographic technology, he is truly one of those people that does not take photos of his animals. spam_We hear all the time how somebody doesn't own a digital camera, yet is selling $3000 snakes. spam_Makes us a bit nervous about dealing with them (for good reason too). spam_I first dealt with him when I purchased his Mandarin Colony a few years back, sight unseen (he didn't have pictures then either), spam_and the animals I received were so much nicer than even his descriptions of them. spam_One thing I can state is the person I am vouching for is not Terry Lilley.. I do not know whether Terry has a piebald hognose or not. spam_Something else I will state is the genetics of this animal have yet to be proven out, so the hets could turn out be nothing more than ordinary hogs upon breeding them..

Stephen Emerick

Napa Valley Snakes