FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - SOLD!! Adult Harquahala Female (Chocolate Rosy Boa)
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 01:10 PM   #3
avidrosy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
Nice looking snake. You've done a good job with feeding her; my food-oriented females usually put on too much weight in their tails (my fault, of course), but yours looks properly fed.

Any idea who produced her? I ask because that's the most gray-shifted supposed Harquahala I've seen, and if she's to be breeding stock a person would need to be certain that there are no other locales (something Baja, maybe) mixed in there.

Any idea on the birth year? Last year you offered a 5-6 year old Harq female. Same snake?
Thank you! And yes same individual.

As far as who produced her, I have no clue. I purchased her from an individual who advertised her as 3-4 years old in December of 2019. At the time, she looked like she could have been on the 4 year old side, however, I've decided to round and estimate lower to be on the safe side since then. I'm comfortable saying she's about 4-4.5 years now.

Now, there could be a possibility of something mixed if you're more familiar with Harq. rosies and can see it. She was originally a classroom snake, so I decided to take her in, and give her a good home with no breeding intentions.

She was sold to me as a Harq. and the teacher was sure about it, yet you almost never know for certain unless you have proof from breeders or pics of the parent snakes.