FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Connie (Mrs. WebSlave)
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 05:35 PM   #57
WebSlave
Connie had her second chemo treatment today, and she seems to have taken it well. So far, at least. No negative reactions and she didn't come out of there in a body bag. Interestingly enough, no one made any moves to ask me to leave the infusions room, but I did wind up going back home for a few hours anyway. And the music volume they were playing in the infusion room was greatly reduced. Then on top of that, the office manager stopped by to talk with Connie and I after we had discussed with Connie's nurse that we would like to change oncologists. The current one is more a surgeon, and the one we would like to go with is an actual medical oncologist who friends of ours have been seeing for years and are very pleased with him. So Connie has an appointment with him next week.

They are also changing up some things, in that Connie will be taking one of the chemo meds once a week for four weeks instead of once every 3 weeks with the other two meds. This one med was the one that replaced Taxol after Connie had a very bad reaction to it. Oh, and we need to run in to the oncologist's office again tomorrow so she can get an injection that should help raise her white blood cell count. At least I think it is the white blood cells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Hoping also that the impending tropical storm Alex does not add to the many miseries both of you are suffering.
Yeah, our luck for 2022 isn't running too hot, now is it? That sure would be icing to the cake to have our house destroyed by a hurricane. I think I would just dig a hole, jump in, and pull the lid over on myself.