FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - For Sale Itinerary #34, March 7th!! Get Your orders in and ready for transport!!
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 02:55 PM   #2
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzum999 View Post
Greetings,

An ad more in my conventional style will come in another week or so, or maybe I will just complete and bump this one with a Reply, but I’ve had people inquire about this month and even thinking I was done with the service.

For those who didn’t know, I had resumed January’s itinerary on January 23 and competed it on February 4; I even had Shipments added in light (or darkness?) of “Operation Viper”, You Guys fuckin’ rocked!! Well; due to needing recuperation, spending time with my daughter who lives with me, and to catch up on things, but also to be here for the Hamburg Reptile Expo on February 25 (I have been a vendor there for >6 years with my own table under my own name, for those who don’t know), I could not fit in a February itinerary between the 4th and 25th. The reasoning for not going out this month is that simple. You can blame the authorities. >.>

And so; no. I am not done. No government entity can keep me down, and I will not stay down. For those who read my Facebook Post on January 20, ‘Some Thoughts and Intel from a Horse’s Mouth’, You read how and why they cannot keep me down, and my stance on everything.

In a nutshell; what I do is, federally speaking, 100% legal and legitimate, and also by most states’ regulations. And as far as I am concerned and knew, I was 100% legal and compliant in the State of Georgia where I was detained and currently being charged by, with NO criminal intent.

Obscure Gems Reptiles, LLC, is a legitimate animal transporter specializing in venomous reptiles but also transports cats, dogs and exotic mammals, too, even the occasional animal skeleton for a particular Client, among other, occasional oddball things (exempli gratia: books, caging, supplies).

Obscure Gems Reptiles is a Limited Liability Company with an Employee Identification Number, is USDA-registered, has Pet Care Insurance, and currently has a Business Owner General Liability policy among other professional developments and coverages in the works, as I am always trying to cover more bases and be absolutely thorough.

What started off as a simple, noble intention by Lois and I to help out the Venomous Circle during early COVID adversities in Autumn 2020, NO profit to be made and NOT intended to last (this) long, blossomed into something magnificent, reputable and profitable thanks to You All, and of course to my business mindset (and Lois' contributions). (Although; not much profit is to be had honestly, not at an average of ≈$1,200/mo NET, no thanks to ≈80% in expenses/overhead, and this is before mortgage, electric, sewage and water ≈ $850/mo ≈ $350 left over, which I spend mostly on my daughter these days. But I enjoy doing what I do, it is therapeutic, and I love seeing You All [I suppose that’s part of the therapy, haha, right up with trekking the frontier - never gets old]. However; with intentions to venture more into mammal Shipments this year, profit will hopefully increase.)

Conclusion: I am no longer, and haven’t been for a while, some casual “backyard” adventurer slinging venomous serpents around the country (always lawfully, though, do note). Id est; this is my vocation, I work hard at it to provide for my daughter and I (and hopefully, for a Significant Other again one day, if destined for me), and I perform this task professionally, as well as legally to the best of my knowledge and awareness on latest regulations.

At 2 1/4 years and 33 itineraries later, I would think and hope Clients have witnessed, and outsiders (including DNRs) can imagine, some developments, measures and ‘micro-evolution’ OGR has undertaken in the direction of professionalism and safety. And on that note, as addressed in my Facebook Post, don’t believe the lie-propaganda of the media, such as the BS on labeling and caging; after all, WSB (Georgia) claimed I had 200 serpents when detained. No. I had twenty-nine (29), SMFH. That should clue You in enough…but then, “everyone believes a journalist”, don’t they?

Sincerely,

Timothy Gould
Obscure Gems Reptiles, LLC
Cell: (413) 427-4832
Email: Destroyer1000000@aol.com

P.S. There will be at least one (1) change to my conventional itinerary ads, a change I have contemplated since last Summer and which has been hinted at in all of my ads since then (‘Nota Bene: These Google Maps GPS screenshots aren't entirely accurate…’, after the bold paragraph near the end), and that will be: No more GPS screenshots, as they gods-honestly have never depicted a 100% accurate path LOL. I am simply, overly and unnecessarily detailed and thorough, which is why I always included them to provide some general idea of where I am traveling through, but I will just be sticking to my list of Stops from here on out, kinda like a Metal concert tour date list. :P

Also; from here on out, I will only be allowing grandfathered Clientele unless 3 or 5 references can be provided, who I will verify with. I suppose an example of exception would be a new Client selling or receiving exotic venomous reptiles in Pennsylvania, the Virginias or the Carolinas, none of which require a state permit, so, I may or may not worry about references. However; although not my legal obligation, I may start requiring IDs from prospective new Clients from these states, as there are people who travel from, say, New England to the Hamburg Reptile Expo to secure venomous reptiles, and who’s to say that won’t be attempted in my service? “Aiden Currie”, a.k.a. “Walter Pines”, had attempted to use my service last month to receive venomous reptiles, who claimed to be from Pennsylvania but is actually from Maryland or southern New England evidently (a prospective Seller to him was able to find this out).

So yeah; just like at the Pennsylvania shows, where vendors are not legally required to ID buyers, it is not required of me if picking up or delivering animals within a state that are legal without a permit, but it is wise to do so, and thus, I plan to implement this new rule of my service. I will also ask for the ID in-person to confirm it is not fake.

Tim,
It was great catching up with you! Keep up the GREAT service you provide to the reptile industry.

Don't let anyone walk on you, or get you down. keep a good positive attitude, things will definitely work out for you. All of us that truly know you, know you're a standup guy, that goes by the book.

You & I both know the way people are today, "you're guilty, until proven innocent" not innocent, until proven guilty.

Keep on keeping on, see you in March..