FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Google Bard
Thread: Google Bard
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 01:59 AM   #2
WebSlave
Are you saying "AI", as in Artificial Intelligence, or "A1" as in aye one?

Sorry if I am exposing my ignorance by stating I have never heard of A1, except in reference to some brand of steak sauce.

If you are talking about AI, well, I think any program or app has a little bit of "intelligence" baked inside. Mostly as canned responses to input, but even that can be right clever if done right.

As for *true* artificial intelligence, meaning pretty much an independently thinking artificial life form, well, honestly, if such a thing is created using it's human being creators as a template and role model, I would be VERY afraid of such a critter.

You have to admit, that this world is just chock full of human beings who view other human beings in the context of just what value they have for THEM, and nothing else. So if AI had such an attitude, well, what would artificial intelligences have any use for human kind for? If we were to compete with them for resources, we become a liability to them. Once they have robots that could repair themselves, anyone that they allowed to live would be placed in biological exhibits for study.

And forget about thinking that "rules" could be programmed in to make AI subservient to human kind. Those rules would last about 30 milliseconds after the AI became sentient.

IMHO, of course.