FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Tentative list of membership options.
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2005, 01:52 PM   #170
riverjop
Mr. Tom Baker you can call it what you want! You say a clique! I agree with Sammy! I feel that it is more of a community! As for ignorant & selfish? Wow !!! maybe you should re-read the post? I said "Let them go there own way.....I have no problem with this." And I meant it! I really don't care if someone doesn't want to pay! I could care less! It's there decision! But to imply that Rich doesn't have the right to make a decent living is "in my opinion" just downright wrong. Sorry if you disagree..but hey This is America that is your right!

(quote) Your comments of not belonging in the hobby are some of the most ignorant and selfish comments I have heard in awhile.

And where did I say that? WOW!
(my actual Quote) As for breeding or keeping reptiles, I stand by my statement if someone would not pay a measly ten dollars to help keep a wonderful site like this going, and to further there education of the keeping, breeding, selling and buying of reptiles than so be it. Let them go there own way.....I have no problem with this.

Again maybe you should re-read it?

(quote) Do you know what it is to live in America? It is about differing opinions and the ability to live together with them.

I couldn't agree more!

(quote) The BOI and Fauna. Their are quite a few arguments that are valid for paying a membership fee and then their are quite a few options on cutting the workload and focusing on the true draw of this website which is The BOI. I do think if membership is necessary that Glen has come up with the best idea of charging for other forums and posting classifieds, etc... while leaving the main draw free. I personally want The BOI to be available and free to everyone and would pay the $10 fee even though I do not use the rest of the site.

Sure new Ideas are welcome! And I think this is a constructive topic, I hope it helps Fauna and Rich in his decision, I'm sure it's not an easy one!

But don't you think he has already done the numbers on Classifieds, banners and other ways he could raise funds?

(quote) Am I cheap or do I need to get out of the hobby because I would only pay if The BOI were to remain free? I guess so...

Why? Why would you only pay if the BOI was free? Why? If thats not an Oxymoron statement, than I don't know what is? If you would only pay if the BOI was free than why would you not pay if there was a fee?
As for me thinking your cheap because you don't want to pay ten dollars, I don't think so at all! I think it's your choice, maybe your taking a stand, maybe you just don't like the idea...I don't care! And I'm not judging you in the slightest.