FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - For Sale AFRICAN GREEN TOADS (Bufotes b. boulengeri)
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 10:41 AM   #1
MJSReptiles
AFRICAN GREEN TOADS (Bufotes b. boulengeri)

I currently have a solid group of African green toads (Bufotes boulengeri boulengeri) available. These toads are field-collected imports that have been with me for several weeks and are all feeding well on vitamin-dusted crickets and roaches. Please keep in mind that these toads are highly variable and yours may not be exactly the same as the ones pictured.

$40ea or 3 for $105 plus shipping

Orders can be placed directly through our website: https://mjsreptiles.com/

Please email me directly at mjsreptiles@ptd.net or message directly through the website with any questions.

African green toads (Bufotes boulengeri boulengeri) are a medium-sized toad species endemic to several countries across Northern Africa, from Morocco to Egypt with a separate subspecies occupying several Italian islands. Adult males tend to be a bit smaller than the females and are typically 2.5”-3” while females can reach up to 4”.

African green toads are fairly hardy and generally do very well in captivity when provided with proper care. This species is from arid environments and doesn’t do well on excessively damp substrate or with stagnant air for extended periods of time. Moderate humidity levels and a screen lid for ventilation are ideal. A shallow water dish that is changed regularly and a “humid hide” can be provided for the toads to have a moisture gradient. These toads can tolerate a wide range of temperatures but are best kept in the low to mid 70’s Fahrenheit. Choose a substrate that allows the toads to dig and bury themselves. They are primarily insectivores and should be offered calcium/vitamin dusted insects regularly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1973.jpg (212.7 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1972.jpg (203.1 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1969.jpg (191.0 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1967.jpg (203.0 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1970.jpg (214.4 KB, 83 views)