FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Petco: Who Breeds for them?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 04:42 PM   #52
RogerProws
I worked there until about 6 months ago, for about 2 years. Leos, cresteds, and cornsnakes all came through Gourmet Rodent, that is company wide. RT had a contract with them a while ago, but it ran out and they switched to gourmet. They also get waxy monkey leg tree frogs from Sandfire dragon ranch. The rest came from calzoo, although it changed constantly! When I stared it was through Tropaquatics, but they were horrible! So they switched to Lassco (sp?). They weren't bad but I think overpriced so they went to calzoo just before I left. I have to say that from the horror stories I have heard from ex-calzoo employees I wouldn't exactly reccomend buying from them, I know a girl who worked there about 8 or 9 years ago. She saw WC kingsnakes stuffed about 25-30 into a 50gallon rubbermaid, they would eat each other, but sold fast enough that it was still more profitable that way. I can also say that with Lassco was the only time we didn't get frequent problems with mites in our WC stock. The Utah store just switched over to a local supplier and I have noticed the quality of animal raise drastically! However, most stores nationally are prob. still with Calzoo. Anyway, thats to the best of my knowledge. I also think the Chameleons went from a breeder, but don't remember who.