FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Lee Watson Swap Bust
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2002, 10:36 PM   #49
vettesherps
Okay guys. I am no expert. Just a guy who loves reptiles and enjoys buying them and even sometimes selling a few. My major concern after reading all the posts in here is, shouldn't we be sticking together. If teh laws are bad or unfair, then we should be looking at ways to change them. I do not live in Il, but do have friends who have told me horror stories about their herp laws.One friend who can legally catch snake in Texas (venomous) has told me he will not come to WI through IL. He says even though he is traveling through the state, if he is stopped with any venomous he will be fined and the animals confiscated. I think Lee could possibly make the laws available to those who sell their because many do come from out of state. It would only take a simple sign stating the herp laws in IL and everyone would have to sign a form when they buy a table saying they will abide by Il laws. This would show that Lee is trying to stay above board and that he is making an effort to be certain that those vendors have been informed. I do feel that the enforcement people who busted the show were way out of line in their tactics and that the entire situation could have been handled much more tactfully.
I also think that there times when you have to break a law if you want to have snakes. Some cities have such strict laws that even having one corn snake breaks the law. I would never get rid of my animals. They are family and I have had most of them for many years.

Oh well just some of my thoughts, whether you agree or not.

Thanks
George G