FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bite Club
Thread: Bite Club
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 08:21 PM   #95
lolaophidia
Ok- I'll throw my few cents in here...
Worst bite- from any animal I've kept- parrot hands down. And the last parrot I had always went for the lip, eyebrow, or ear. He would literally rip your earrings out and throw them when he thought he was being cute.

Rats and mice- I've been bitten by way more mice and other feeder animals than the snakes I was feeding. Another reason to switch to f/t prey- they don't bite when you go "Awe this one is kinda cute - OWWWW!".

Snake bites- I've been bit by various rat snakes, house snakes, garters, waters, racers, mid-sized boas (BRBs have nice long teeth), and pythons, and though very startling, it was not a big deal. I still don't like getting bit though. I'm trying to get over the flinch and fling reflex. Did have two teeth break off in my hand from my Taiwan Beauty snake due to a stupid feeding accident. Now I use tongs, lesson learned.

Biggest snake bite was a Retic I was sitting for a friend of mine. Beautiful snake, just not in the mood to be handled that day. Totally my fault. I ignored her hissy complaint and she let me have it. It was very much like a razor blade cut and until the blood really started pumping, I didn't realize she'd actually hit me that bad. Left a nice bruise that reminded me to leave her alone when she was in a mood...