FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - ok not good day
Thread: ok not good day
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 04:34 PM   #1
robin d.
ok not good day

last night we noticed something seriously wrong with one of our outdoor dogs.... she was stiff could barely walk let alone take a step up to get into the house, we had to help her... she had diareah, she was panting... her eyes were red and she almost seemed congested or something. so i calle the vet he said to meet him at the clinic. ok so we met and the first thing he thought was either a poisoning or invenomation. so we left her there he was going to do a blood work up and a toxocology test.... well come to find out she has heart worms but we cant worry about that right now because she has some sort of auto immune disease... could be secondary to the heart worms or could be independant or inconjunction with some other sort or illness like cancer, lupis ect. she is very sick and i don't know if she will make it through this auto immune thing... it is VERY bad.... this dog is 5 years old and has energy like a puppy can play frisbe all day long... play ball... and still has so much energy she bugs the crap out of you but she could barely walk or even keep her head up yesterday night.she had shown no signs of heartworms so thats why they do not think the auto immune thing is related to them and that other illnesses can cause the auto immune onset extremely fast. they will do a chest x-ray today to see if they can find out anything else.
she is my "pickle butt" (thats her name , we mostly call her pickles though) and i am afraid of the worst but we will have to wait to see how she respondes to the treatment it will be day to day for the next couple, if she makes it that long.