FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Fla Fish And Wildlife
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 06:23 PM   #8
KNOBTAIL
In the future ,as a former police officer, I can attest

to the fact that you do NOT have to provide any answers to any questions unless you have council. That would be the best course of action to take when being addressed by F/W if you are NOT the holder of the permit. Just refer everything to the permit holder. Had it been me, I would not have entertained any type of communications with the officer other than " you will have to speak to my boss" You are under NO obligation in answering any questions, and certainly incriminating oneself for arrest.

You can handle it politely, and just inform the officer that you are just working here. If they want to know about animals on the table, your answer should be, "you will have to come back or speak to the owner of the table."

I also believe that Wayne Hill should have an attorney on staff to help if a permit problem arises. You are in a no win situation if you are out of state and a summons is issued for a return date in Fla. Hopefully their will be more to this nightmare and we will be better prepared for their next onslaught of creative manslaughter of the herp industry.