FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - albino coastal boa found !
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 03:05 AM   #29
Salton Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@TSE
Again, this is pure BS. Especially considering the messenger........

Who would take the word of someone who cannot even decipher the difference between a tick and a mite? Jeeeez....

Liking the guy does not make his claims legitimate, especially concerning you have little to no knowledge of the animal(s) whether you have seen them personally or not. How does that matter coming from you? Really?

Come on over, I'll show you something and give it a fancy story and name too.......
I guess this is mostly aimed at me.

Exactly where did I offer an opinion on whether or not the snake was indeed a wild caught animal and/or the true locality of the snake judging from my experience? The parasite on the snake was there, I asked him about, he gave me his answer. All this I related here in my previous post, but I never offered my opinion on whether or not this was a reason to believe him. All I did was say that he talked about the parasite beforehand to eliminate the obvious conclusion that he made this up just as an excuse to cover up a mite/tick problem.

I provided some insight on the guy's character judging from the one time I met him, I assumed some people here might be interested in any dealings other people might have had with him. Was I wrong in believing that? I also fail to see how my inexperience in certain matters of reptile husbandry makes my word suspect when describing my dealings with an individual. But in any case you basically told me that I expected my word to be taken as gospel, when I clearly stated that my opinion on this matter may not mean particularly anything to you.