FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Crestie Tail Fungus!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 12:27 PM   #1
mrweaw
Exclamation Crestie Tail Fungus!

I heard through the grapevine that some Cresties have become infected with a highly infectious fungus of the tail. The fungus eventually leads to the dropping of the tail and may or may not have other consequences. Can anyone give me more info on this including symptoms and what to watch for? Pictures, of course, would be great but I know that is often difficult. Any info anyone can give me would be great!

I think that one of the bigger breeders has had experience with this as well as a few individuals. I am hoping someone will pop up and be able to give me some specific information.

This topic was also posted in the Rhacodactylus Forums but we are having little luck with finding information. One member has already posted pictures of a gecko that is suspected to be infected. PLEASE HELP! If you know anything please post it here or email me at mrweaw@comcast.net and I will pass the word around. If you would rather remain anonymous for some reason I guarantee that I will not use your name.

Thanks In Advance All!
Erin