FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - INFO: UPS-will they honor their agreement?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 10:19 PM   #21
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJHB
I was ready at work there with my temp gun and I shot his body immediately after opening the cup; it was around 80 degrees with his tail at 92 degrees.
This is where I was going when I asked about the size of the box and the point of origin. 3 heat packs is alot, esp if temps are over 35...even more so if the temps at the point of origin were warm. Now, consider these points: 1) those were the temps upon arrival. 2) You said that (at least one of) the heatpacks were directly under the deli cup 3) the heat packs usually used reach temperatures of approx 130 (imagine a gecko in a deli cup, sitting on a 130` heat source, with no place to go to escape the temp), 4) even allowing that the shipper boxed the gecko at the last minute and dropped it off at UPS at the latest possible time, you are probably looking at a minimum of 15hrs. My guess is that the poor gecko died because of the temperatures. (I'm not saying that there wasn't some harsh treatment, but I have seen poorly packed animals arrive alive and well...despite bad damage to the box. talking serious collapse, broken cardboard, compressed deli cup). Take the replacement animal, and enjoy it...the blame is sufficiently spread, lol