FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Have You Been Cheated On?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 12:56 PM   #7
Laura Fopiano
Very cool Griz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchoven
Actually, I would have to disagree with that analysis. After many years of studying at Lincoln Christian College and Seminary, studying both Greek and Hebrew, I do not view adultery, as used in the Bible, in the conventional sense of the word. Too often, people assume that adultery means having sex outside of the marriage. I, personally speaking, believe that adultery is more commonly used as cheating on one's vow's.

For instance, a husband beats his wife. That is a direct violation against the vow to honor, to cherish, to...... I do not believe that the Creator of this Universe intended for a woman to lay with her husband each night all the while knowing that tomorrow might be her last breath.

With that being said, I also do not believe that it is biblical to simply walk away from a marriage because one violated their vows. I believe it is our duty to work things out with our spouses if at all possible. If the offending spouse chooses to not seek counseling, or chooses to not realign themselves with their vows, then I say divorce is not only a viable but a biblical option.

Griz

I try to hold onto the fact "that everything happens for a reason" I still shake my head, and wonder why he left........but hey, i have some pretty good friends that have held me together......most of them are here!!