FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Fl.International Reptile Show?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 06:27 PM   #91
Gino
Ok Stop With The E-Mails Already!
For those who now say I turned on Tony because Alex asked me to I will post my last exchange of E-Mails with Tony.
You will see that it was Tony who suddenly turned on me just because I expressed reluctance to attend the Harbor View Show. In the span of 3 e-mails his tone went from seeking advise from a friend to name calling and crazy talk.
No one turns on Tony because Alex says he's a jerk.
People turn on Tony because of his "You're with me or against me attitude"
Even after this war started I offered to sit down with Tony and talk about honoring my commitment to release the CD at his show.

Here are the E-Mails.
This is how one falls out with Tony.
I suggest you judge for yourself.

Gino - I wanted to discuss several things with you, see what you think.

1)What do you think, especially after having been involved and helping negotiate a deal with Alex.I am shocked, saddened, have lost all faith in humanity. On Friday I hired and paid a law firm everthing I have, $3,000 for retainer. They are going to work with me as far as payment, are even willing to hold some of the billing until after my show but it is going to cost me $10,000+ to sue Alex and to obtain the court injunction against his show. Of all people, someone I trusted like no one else, someone that until the beginning of December I was speaking with on a regular basis, someone who I called on Christmas to wish a Merry Christmas.

2)Would you like to play on the cruise ship? It looks like we are going to do 2 dinner cruise due to number of exhibitors and VIPS. I spoke to SunCruz today again and we may have to do VIP dinner on Friday and the vendor dinner on Saturday. Would you be intersted in playing one of these two nights? I thought if you wanted to do 1 of the nights, or both, I would offer to you 1st, then to Dennis Sargent.

My Reply

Hey Tony,
Right now I don't feel comfortable committing to anything.
I think having a talk would be the best way to sort things out.
As a legal person I'm not sure your $3,000 was well spent.
I'm not sure what your grounds are.
Hell, we all thought you gave up Tampa.
There is NO SIGNED agreement Tony and we both know that.
I must admit I certainly thought so.
Like I said. I'll gladly take you to lunch some weekday.
Let me know,
Gino

Tony’s Reply:

Gino-And the email coming from the most two faced vendor I have ever met!!!

Wow, somehow I am the bad guy now Gino? Had Alex really though I had cancelled the show, one simple phone call would have corrected that. My Columbia show was Jan 8 & 9 and in the 4000 + newsletters I sent to everone including you I said just after Christmas that the newsletters were about the Columbia, SC show in 2 weeks and some information on the Richmond show and that the following newsletter would be about the Florida International Reptile Show and I wished everyone a happy holiday!
Sue me Gino!!!

Tony