FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Southern Exotics and Reptile Convention 5/20-5/21 Aiken,SC
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 07:05 AM   #25
audrypayne
I thought the show went okay for a first time show. Cathy had a lot of vendors with some very nice animals. Saturday, there was a steady flow of people through the door, but Sunday was slow. For a first time show in Aiken, it was all right. I think people are scared to put faith in an awesome vendors list because of all the false advertising done by a different promoter. But I think the ones that did come through the door finally got their money's worth. A building full of vendors instead of the 20 they were seeing at previous shows. Some people did not make their expenses back, and others did extremely well. This is typical of all shows on the east coast(with the exception of Hamburg & Daytona). I did not sell out, like I usually do. But I also chose not to wholesale my animals. And I still made money after expenses. I will vend Cathy's next show. I'm sure the next one will be even better.
And to you Hunter: It was really nice meeting you. I love to meet other people from the forums. Can I count on seeing you again at the next one? Maybe we'll have more time to talk.