FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Ball Python Breathing problem
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2002, 10:12 PM   #32
Neil Gubitz
Tegan.... Touche! But, you gotta admit.... that was a pretty idiotic analogy ( in MY eyes, anyway).... ok, enough of that, I'm sorry for name-calling first....

to the topic....

Maybe I'm talking with two different "hats" on.... the first hat I wear is my STORE hat! It would be crazy of me to take a sick baby ball or baby corn snake or really anything that is an inexpensive animal.... it's just not cost-effective.... and when you're in this for a LIVING.... you've GOT TO think in those terms (as far as illness is concerned).... these are also animals I would never even think of sending back to the wholesaler, if they come in sick or underweight.... Death is a fact of life! Lve with it!

Now, when I put on my OWNER'S hat.... My PERSONAL PETS are another story altogether.... those, I would take a lot more care of.... I still don't know if I'd spend hundreds on it with a vet.... but it would have a lot better shot if it was MY ANIMAL....
Tinker (my 25 pound Rat Terrier), would definitely go to the Vet, but, she cost me a lot more than $100! I've had her 6 years and she IS my baby.... but, she's different, she's NOT a cheap animal....

....Neil