FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - KelliH and others Banned? Why?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 08:32 AM   #156
aliceinwl
It's a pity that something like this happened and everyone started reacting based on emotions rather than logic. I think the thread on the other site was mean spirited, but I'd seen similar threads about members on the hell forum in the past (main reason I never went there). Ultimately this will hurt Fauna and the leo forum most of all.

I can't help but see a parallel between what happened a few years back to the KS Leo forum. There was a mass banning of a bunch of the most knowledgable people. They settled here and others followed. By banning them and stripping them of their moderator positions, others who wish to take advantage of their knowledge will be forced to go elsewhere. On KS the number of posts on the leo forum plummeted and it's been in steady decline.

As hurtful, as some of the things said were, I think that the best thing for this site would have been to ignore it. Other forums have sprung up since I've been on fauna, they enjoy a brief period of popularity, but gradually everyone gravitated back over here since most of the posts were redundant in the first place. I think that the same thing would have eventually happened here.

As long as the name calling didn't occur here, the mods / members were fulfilling their duties, these bannings should not have occurred.

-Alice

P.S. I would have been really hurt, had I seen my name on a list like that, posted by people I thought were my friends. There are individuals that rub me the wrong way, but I recognize that there are probably just as many people out there "putting up" with me. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all (and if you can't do that, make sure it stays private).