FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - SEWERFest-July 30 Racine Wi
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 10:55 PM   #8
sschind
As always it was a very nice show. I didn't sell much but I knew that going in. My babies weren't old enough to sell and the people who go to these shows are not looking for breeders. They want babies. Still, I had a very good time. I spent more than I made but only because I bought 2 D. azureus from another vendor as we were all packing up. 100.00 for 2 frogs that were well over an inch long. I couldn't believe they didn't sell for the $150.00 he had them listed for. I usually do this show to get my name outh there to people from a bit further off. The show is about 30 minutes from my store and draws a decent amount of people from Milwaukee who might not otherwise know I am around. Also, I usually get 2 or 3 sales in the store in the next few weeks that I can attribute directly to being at the show so my totals usually end up being better than they are at the end of the night. There was a decent mix of animals although I tend to think its a little heavy on the beardeds, ball, leos, and cresteds. Those 4 animals probably made up 75% of the animals there, maybe even more. It really is too bad about the new Wisconsin law. Needing the vet certificate has caused a marked decrease in the number of vendors, thus a decrease in the variety. Two years ago it was an upstairs and downstairs show.

All in all it was a good time. I have only spoken with one other vendor and he was happy with his sales. Although nothing was mentioned to me apparently they are thinking about another show in a couple of months. I will probably be at that one also, and by then my babies will be ready to go so I should do much better.

kudos to Shane and Eric for another fine job