FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - How about inbreeding Erebennus?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 07:54 AM   #1
shytownjb
How about inbreeding Erebennus?

Now that I have your attention. I have a pair of '06 erebennus I got from Mike here in Ohio. They are sibs and both he and I are looking for an unrelated pair to trade. I have no intentions of breeding brother and sister, but wanted a M/F so that I could hopefully trade one or the other to someone for an unrelated animal. There is also the option of trading pair for pair and Mike and I would split them up amongst ourselves for the genetic diversity. Mike got this pair from Dean A., so we would need something that didn't come from Dean. I saw there is another person here in Ohio selling some out of Columbus..Terry Wilkins so I might try him as well. Anyone know him?
On another note, I thought about trying to write a program that would allow us to track lineages of species. After all this talk about inbreeding I thought it might be helpful to build a database of information for the community. I would need help from some of the experts here to build the requirements. For instance, how would the "original" stock be identified? Would we say something like "Dean A." stock, "Jeff S. " stock? Should anyone be able to enter their own info., or should there be an admin., where only a few people could enter it in the database. I don't know if this would be helpful, but I would like to do something to help the community and drymarchon in particular. I am a senior web developer for LexisNexis, so I know how to code. I also thought that maybe an indicator that would show anomalies/problems that have arisen from pairings, such as dwarfism, egg binding and other problems.

What do you all think? Would it be worthwhile? I am going to post on the "other" board for maximum input. (Please don't be offended Anthony )