FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - One More Reason to Test for Adenovirus
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 11:10 PM   #49
CheriS
Tere,

Only one thing I want to stress, do not assume that all GG, Redflame or Orange Glow lines are a problem, they are not, in fact the first generations of RedFlames were some of the most heartiest and largest dragons ever produced as are many of the GG lines. If they were already out of the Florida breeders colony in the mid-late 90's they were safe and the problem in the Orange Glow lines started in 2000.

Same with the areas, there are many good, decent and clean breeders in the states listed above, just there are also thick outbrreaks of it there also. Example, I have a RedFlame cross from a New Jersey breeder and tested clear as many of his siblings have and their offsprings have and almost all my dragon are German Giant crosses. On the other hand, there are some other states involved early on like IL which is where the first case we are aware was documented and confirmed from.

The above infomation was where the BULK of the virus cases came from, that has spread it to many of the popular lines and breeders today.